<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22341085?origin\x3dhttp://maothegreat.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hello


Welcome to HHM Land!

Tagboard

Friday, May 12, 2006
no risk, no gain, all pain.

I cannot stand it when people perceive me as just a happy and cheerful person. The negative connotation of that is the portrayal of me as just an airhead with a huge grin on my face and nothing more to it. What a seemingly-positive impression that turns out to be a smack in one's face.

Contrary to popular belief, i'm not upset with my A level results and am really contented with it. Like what my brother said, "If I showed you this results slip a year ago, you would be crying for joy." I am contented with it. I really am. But I'm not happy that I can't do what I really want- that is Law. As of now, I have to stoop to becoming accustomed to the label of a "Business undergraduate". I've never ever foresee myself carrying such a tag, but I got to brave the future. Maybe one day, I'll look back and think that I've been such a fool as to cry over not getting into Law (that's what en said). I agree because I know how the world and circumstances can brainwash me.

My worst fear is that I may eventually choose to live in contentment and make do with whatever I have instead of making a hard strife at all the chances and alternative routes I could have taken. Becoming an apathetic person is not who I want to be. Wanting to change the world and the order of things is as much as being idealistic is, but claiming that would be submitting to cowardice.

I want to leave the world knowing that I took big risks and at least, made some form of difference even if it can only be observed in microscopic forms.
7:33 PM