<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22341085?origin\x3dhttp://maothegreat.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hello


Welcome to HHM Land!

Tagboard

Thursday, October 12, 2006
Temptations and "Thy word"

I have come to a realization that I'm losing my stand on many issues that were never much of a problem for me. Maybe it's because i'm growing up and starting to experience what the real world is like. Increasingly, temptations are looming around me. I'm fumbling on what previously appeared to be clearly right or wrong, ethically, morally or from a religious point of view.

An analogy: When the evil snake presents me with a nice, shiny looking apple, I will take a small bite of it. Its always easy to find an excuse to justify that act of sinning. "It's just a small bite anyway. As long as I didn't swallow the whole apple" or "You can't blame me for taking a bite. The apple looked too nice for me to resist" or "It's the evil snake's fault!!" I may or may not realize that I have committed a sin by falling into this temptation, and many others. But the main point is that I did sin.

And then there's another catch there. By saying that "I may or may not realize that I did sin", i'm giving myself another excuse for sinning.

Its time for me to renew my faith in God. I've drifted too much away from my values because I forget and consciously choose to act against God's teachings. time to go into solitude, to seek God and His word once again.

Time to sing this song...


Thy Word

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

When I feel afraid,
And think I’ve lost my way.
Still, you’re there right beside me.
Nothing will I fear
As long as you are near;
Please be near me to the end.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

I will not forget
Your love for me and yet,
My heart forever is wandering.
Jesus by my guide,
And hold me to your side,
And I will love you to the end.

Nothing will I fear
As long as you are near;
Please be near me to the end.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
And a light unto my path.
You’re the light unto my path.
12:12 AM