Monday, September 21, 2009
Granville island and metrotown!!$BlogItemTitle$>
Hi fi n qy!! haha i didnt know that qy still reads my blog. Those who haven't said said hi, plz write on the tagboard k? :)
Fiiiii, please go on msn more often. I miss talking to you! Have you been eating our dian xiao er herbal duck rice? talking about it is making me hungry. hahaha
Today is Sunday. I stayed in my room to sleep (i'll explain why i'm so super tired later), finish my report and watch tv online. oops
On Saturday, I went to Granville island. It's around 30 mins by bus from ubc. We took a 15 mins walk from Granville St to the island. Its a very tiny island that is connected to main Vancouver. The main attraction of the place is the pier. Many white little yachts are docked at the harbour. The mountains in West Vancouver is on the other side of the water. We had a nice sunny weather yesterday, but there were some fluffy clouds hanging low around the mountains so I could capture some pretty nice photos (see my fb). The pier had many picturesque views!
We walked around the island. Granville Public Market had many interesting things, from fresh produce to art and food. I had a German bratwurst for lunch and we headed out to explore the little markets and streets.

After exploring Granville island, we realized that we still had a whole afternoon to spend. Sunday's plan to go Metrotown was pushed forward. When we got to Metrotown, Shu Hua and I went crazy in the first store we went into. It was CHEAP to shop there. A dress will cost $12-25 cnd. Even business pants cost only $13.50! The only tragic thing is that I'm too short for them. I can really sweep and cover a large area with the excess cloth I have from wearing the pants.
CRAZY SHOPPING took place for the next 6 hours. (this explains me sleeping till 12 noon on Sunday) We shopped till the shops closed. I bought a dress, 2 tops, 1 denim leggings, 1 pair of shoes, 2 scarves and an accessory.
I also ate the world's best cinammon roll in Cinn Zeo. OMG it was SO GOOD. i will definitely go there and eat it again! I also had super cheap pizza at Fresh Slice, $1.60 per slice for any kind of pizza. The best thing was that the pizzas were made fresh from the oven. :) I will definitely go back to Metrotown again. It has made the top of my list for shopping places. After Metrotown, I won't want to go downtown to shop again.
2:09 PM