<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22341085?origin\x3dhttp://maothegreat.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hello


Welcome to HHM Land!

Tagboard

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HEllo!!

I don't know who is reading this but i decided to make an entry about something that popped into my head just now.

This Canadian exchange somewhat fulfils a hidden wish I've had since I was a child. I used to read lots of Enid Blyton books about American kids, American schools, the Thanksgiving, the Halloween. I also read a series called the Chalet School about a boarding school for girls on the Alps. The girls would have camp fires, toast marshmallows and sing camp songs with a fire in between them. The American and English movies had shown me a lifestyle different from my Singaporean lifestyle of hard core mugging.

Part of me grew up wishing that I could live like the children in the story books. The adventures they have, the different kind of lifestyle that they live. It dawned on me today that hey, I'm living it right now! I'm not exactly in a Boarding School, but I'm living in residences and that makes it kind of feel like Boarding School.

Next weekend, I will be heading up to Camp Capilano which is near Capilano River in North Vancouver, somewhere in between the mountains. I'm going there with the campus ministry here. There will be a camp fire and it's going to be like the Chalet School! I'm so excited!
11:22 AM