Saturday, September 19, 2009
Week 2 in vancouver!$BlogItemTitle$>
This entry requires everyone who's reading to reply on the tag board!
Hello!! How's everyone doing? I don't know who is reading, so please say hi on the tag board n let me know how u are! :)
I just finished week 2 of school. WOOF time is passing pretty fast. i have a few assignments every week. I signed up for the presentations n assignments which are due the first few weeks of school so that I won't have to struggle when i'm having mid term exams or towards the end of the term. And also I want to clear them so i can have time to play. Even then, I have at least one or two assignments to submit every week. Hence, I have been studying. ARGH i know im supposed to be slacking n relaxing, but its quite hard with all the assignments and homework to hand up.
A friend commented that it seems like I'm here to learn to cook rather than study. haha i know i've been cooking every meal. it saves a lot of money for me. i spend less than $20 a week on grocery which usually lasts me more than a week. i eat out on the weekends other than breakfast.
Other than studying n cooking, I've been trying to keep fit. My roommate Vivian (she's CBC = canadian born chinese) and I just went swimming together. She's really young. She's 17 or 18, and i'm so envious. But we can connect really well, so she must think that i'm 17 too. :P
I want to go running or jogging but the cold air is a huge barrier. I don't think i'll be able to run in the cold air. But there's always the gym downstairs (which only has 1 old threadmill) and the gym at the Aquatic centre. There is also a gym opposite where i stay but i have to pay membership fee of $25 for a term.
I'm thinking of going for Aquacize sessions at the Aquatic centre 2 times a week. The centre is 3 minutes walk away.They have it everyday and it costs $4/ session for UBC students. Not very expensive, and a good way for me not to be lazy. The huge plus is that it will probably help me achieve my goal (talk to me if u want to know more). haha
Classes have been fine. I'm taking this Logistics & Operations Management class. It's kind of like "getting to know my bf's future job" because that's the field Cal will be going into.
I had a presentation today and something happened to my co-presenter, so i presented alone. i felt super encouraged at the end cuz people whom i didnt know told me i did a good job :) this is one of the cultural differences that i've experienced. the canadians are not "face"-conscious. they don't feel awkward when they praise someone. something i can learn!
i also watch tv during breakfast, lunch n dinner. They have "without a trace" here! its what i watch a lot on hallmark about missing people cases, a bit like csi. the best thing, they have the show everyday!
9:53 AM